Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lsass.exe Security Accounts Manager

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kottonmouth_420

kottonmouth_420

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:07 PM

I've been stuck with this laptop for days. I can't seem to figure it out. It's got Windows XP Home and another technician got it before me. Now what I'm looking at is a computer that has an LSASS.EXE error whenever I boot. With a statement that the Security Accoutns Manager initialization failed because of the following error. The handle is invalid. We've already tried to replace the SAM in the hive and replacing the LSASS.EXE unless it's ISASS.exe. I'm not 100% sure on that. But there's even less information about that. I can't get into the recovery console because it's a Compaq. I've tried every utility possible to get to the recovery console by changing the administrator password. It reset it, but that only works for the GUI not the console. And of course the boss is breathing down my neck. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:35 PM

handles i believe means toolbars is invalid. sorry cant find any ref to either exe that you have put up, is there any other errors that come up.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 kottonmouth_420

kottonmouth_420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 11 July 2005 - 10:36 AM

Nevermind, ended up being either an extremely corrupted file system or bad hard drive. I recovered his data and he was happy. So if you do find anything else out, let me know, but it's not super important anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users