Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello From a New Member

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pki

Pki

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:55 PM

Hi,

I have been using computers and programmable calculators since 1967. I have experience in building and modifying systems from the case, motherboard, and up. The current systems I have are an HP Pavilion, Acer Aspire 5315-2856 that I hacked to use Win XP instead of Vista that it was shipped with, and some I built on ASUS P4P800 and P4V8X motherboards using Pentium 4 at 3.0 and 3.5 GHz, with at least 2 GB RAM, XP Pro - Service Pack 3. I'm waiting for prices to come down on the new quad processors and DDR3 memory before I build another one.

I prefer to go by "JM" but this site requires at least three characters as an ID so I punched in the stock symbol for PerkinElmer - PKI - no particular reason just that I a familiar with their atomic absorption and infra red analyzers.

JM aka PKI

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:57 PM

Hello JM and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 robertschults

robertschults

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:35 PM

Welcome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users