Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't remove dat files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zoo

zoo

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 02 September 2004 - 05:21 PM

I run my Norton virus scan religiously every week and sometimes more than once a week. The following dat files keep showing up and are listed as Adware.Iefeats, Adware found. However, the Norton canít delete them and I get a status messege of delete failed. My computer is REALLY sluggish, I canít get updates for some of my software Ö. My cpu resources seem to constantly spike at 100%, and it now it is taking for ever to open programs like IE or outlook express. Iíve done a system scan directly from Symantecís website and it shows no viruses or Trojans or worms, as does Bazooka Scanner and Ad-aware 6.0.
Can you be of some help????
Thanks

badgin.dat
esedwe.dat
fmdfhr.dat
gotrzq.dat
jzdohq.dat
mzijcn.dat
nfvclf.dat
nlakuz.dat
nqfirn.dat
qwetdp.dat
rehlnp.dat
scivhu.dat
slybkd.dat
twdqpt.dat
xucvsx.dat
xyblac.dat
zauhkf.dat
zmvqze.dat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 02 September 2004 - 10:36 PM

Symmantec has info on Adware.Iefeats. A homepage hijacker. Wait for an expert to help you. They will get to you do not worry.

Edited by scarlett, 02 September 2004 - 10:44 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 02 September 2004 - 11:54 PM

You may be infected again with that same infection we got rid of last time. Please post a hijackthis log in the Hijackthis log forums and someone will help you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users