Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

$550-$750 Budget build

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AwesomeTrent

AwesomeTrent

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:57 AM

My budget for the new computer is: 550-750

What are the primary uses for this computer: mail, web browsing, games.

What software do you intend on using on the computer? mostly games

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? arma2, halflife games, Red orchestra halflife mods

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? not alot usually just one or two at a time

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer? not really

I want the most bang for my buck, I also want the computer to last.

Edited by AwesomeTrent, 01 July 2009 - 09:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 AwesomeTrent

AwesomeTrent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:06 AM

one I'm looking at is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16883229094, I havent looked at computers in years and have no idea what options are good or not

#3 AwesomeTrent

AwesomeTrent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:49 PM

Some others ive been looking at are the specials on cyberpower pc's website, http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/LandingPages/megaspecial/july4/

I've bought from newegg before with good results and know nothing about cuberpower's store.

#4 AwesomeTrent

AwesomeTrent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16883113099 another I'm looking at, I hope it's kosher that I keep replying to my own post...

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:01 AM

The Gateway looks pretty good, Plus I like newegg
Cyberpowerpc has fairly decent marks from Resellerratings.com
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/CyberPower
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:29 PM

Of the ones you have posted, the Gateway looks the best. The video card sucks, but you can replace that easy enough when you get a little more cash, assuming the PSU has enough juice to do so, I forgot to look what PSU they are giving you.

#7 AwesomeTrent

AwesomeTrent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:35 PM

Thanks for the reply's, although I've made my choice it's none of the ones listed.

After speaking with a co-worker who's done it before I've decided to go ahead a build my own computer (with some help), so I'll get some much better bang for my buck.

Thanks again

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:55 PM

In my opinion, you've made a wise decision. :blink:
As you stated, more bang for the buck, and you know the quality of the components being used.

If you have any compatibility questions, need recommendations, or have any other questions, just post to the System Building and Upgrading forum, and I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for the reply's, although I've made my choice it's none of the ones listed.

After speaking with a co-worker who's done it before I've decided to go ahead a build my own computer (with some help), so I'll get some much better bang for my buck.

Thanks again

LOL I figured you had ruled that out, but it is DEFINITELY the best option. Give THIS a read before you buy anything.

#10 604action

604action

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:45 AM

I always check out newegg first. I usually find what I am looking for there! Posted ImagePosted Image
“The Web is like a dominatrix. Everywhere I turn, I see little buttons ordering me to Submit.”
(Nytwind)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users