Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Secure Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 C0smo

C0smo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:23 PM

I am a visitor at several companies whom provide me with a wired LAN connection.

Here is what I want to do:

Securely connect without their knowledge, either encrypt or hide my internet traffic. Why?

Simply I perform audits on these companies which may affect future business.
My company IT/admin only suggest using the supplied cellular air cards, which does not work.

I only need access to internet explorer for our company database, which does not run in any other browsers.

Currently email is encrypted
Use trucrpyt to secure files
Superantivirus spyware, pcTOOLS, windows firewall set to no exceptions, all file/network sharing disabled.
IE 8 set to inprivate browsing
Update vista
Im running W7 in virtual box don't know if this helps

Im sure this is done for security between other compaines,

Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 C0smo

C0smo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:54 AM

Several views but no replies?

I was hoping for a solution, If any one can assist please do so,

thanks in advance.

#3 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2009 - 11:00 AM

I may be wrong but I suggest the reason why you have had no replies is because your request for information appears to contravene this forum's rules

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/boardrules.php

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user

#4 C0smo

C0smo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:47 AM

No, Iam only asking for a private and secure connection to the internet, where my traffic is not visbile at the point of origin. Be it a lan connection at a hotel, college, or other potentially hostile connection. I explained my situation in detail to assist with a response related to my situation.

Can anyone help?

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,531 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:46 PM

Nothing wrong with the question. But not sure how many members have experience with the subject matter to offer advice. Views are just that views by anyone who happens to be curious about the topic title. Does not necessarily mean a pending reply. Just traffic to the post.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:44 PM

Actually, your third post makes your question more understandable.

At this point, the only thing that I can think of would be to use a proxy connection. That way, the point of origin would only see traffic to the proxy. The proxy service, however, would know where you are navigating too.

However, this is only a guess on my part.

Question: Is your connection Wireless or is it hardwired. If the latter, of what sort?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users