Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iexplore.exe using VERY high cpu

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cool runnings

cool runnings

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:54 PM

Hi. This is my first post. I hope it goes well!
iexplore.exe using high cpu when browsing w/ IE7 on Win XP Pro 2002 SP2
My internet browsing is very slow Ė Especially when Iím logged on to Yahoo E-mail, or on MSN. The iexplore.exe CPUís shoot to the 90ís just by moving the cursor over the browser content while signed on to Yahoo E-mail.
When I try to scroll down some content pages on the internet, it kind of overlaps instead of a smooth scroll. And some pages take long to load.
This is my work computer and with the internet running in the background, Iím able to work at full capacity on our network programs and MS office 2000 without any problems or delays.
Iíve noticed this just a couple/few months now and seems to be getting worse.
I donít know what else info to write here.
Please help if possible.
Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• BC Advisor
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:08 PM

My thoughts are leaning towards a Browser Helper Object of some sort.

You stated that this is your work computer. Do they let you do "repairs" or "work" on your computer?

With that being said, my advice would be to read this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Follow those instructions and let use know.

Hope this helps,

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 cool runnings

cool runnings
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

Thank You TechX for your prompt reply and concern. Just a quick side note while I am still reading the link that you've recommended.
Yes the computer in question here is the one I use at work, I'm not an "I.T" computer eng or anything technical like that, I just use internet for some work related, and some browsing on break etc, and I don't believe they would want me "repairing" any of these type computer related issues and what not. I appreciate your inquiry and concern regarding this, and I do not plan to do anything "crazy" to my work computer, just hoping for some simple step by step suggestion that may get this machine back to "normal'ish" without getting too involved in a risky situation.
If nothing else, I am hoping to learn something new regarding how to fix machines w/ these types of issues in case my home PC encounters something.
With that said, I'll continue reading through the Link you advised and return later.
Thank you so much, so far.

#4 sdcanyon

sdcanyon

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:54 PM

I could be wrong, but I recall seeing that high cpu %'s are good when a program is in use. It shows that the program is using the proper system resources and not draining memory from some other source.

#5 cool runnings

cool runnings
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:52 PM

I just noticed that while i was logged on to Yahoo e-mail and the iexplore.exe cpu's were from 60's to 90'% and slowing down my entire computer programs, that once I logged off of Yahoo E-mail and was just on Yahoo home page, that my computer programs acted "normally" and IEXPLORE.EXE cpu's have dropped considerably to the point it computer does not appear to be affected by any abnormalities. COULD THIS BE JUST A YAHOO E-MAIL THING?
Just a thought that someone may have familiarities with this. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users