Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Touchpad gone crazy

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dan1113

Dan1113

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

My touchpad appears to have gone crazy. It starts right clicking instead of left clicking sometimes, I cannot highlight text or double click to drag, and the weirdest of all: if I am in one program and want to click into another, it doesn't do it, as if it did not recognize the click at all, even though I can click in the program I am in. Sometimes that even happens within one program, like buttons on a website in Firefox work but not the toolbars etc This is also a bit random, sometimes working better, sometimes working really terribly. Please help!

Update: I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled a new one that I managed to get downloaded from Acer's website, but nothing. Sometimes after restarting, the left click will do a regular left click and actually work, sometimes it will be like a right click. It has been getting worse these last few restarts, I can barely use the computer now...

Any tips?

Am running Vista on a pretty new Acer Aspire.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:16 PM

Acer support issue, IMO.

Louis

#3 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:12 PM

Do you have a USB mouse you can try to isolate the touchpad as the Definate problem?
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#4 Dan1113

Dan1113
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:04 AM

The driver update did not work but here is the interesting thing. When I connect a USB mouse, even that mouse is crazy -- for a few seconds. Then it turns normal, and if I then unplug the USB mouse, my touchpad is almost (about 95%) normal! If I restart the computer it goes through all this again. Really strange.

The only thing that does not work when i do that is the whole double click the touchpad and hold to scroll/highlight thing. If I use the regular button this works.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:34 PM

It's possible that the touchpad drivers...interfere with another pointing device.

If you have uninstalled the touchpad drivers...and installed new and still have this problem...I suggest contacting Acer support. The drivers are the only logical item which impact operating system and function, anything other than a operating system issue...should be an Acer issue.

Louis

It's possible that the touchpad drivers...interfere with another pointing device.

If you have uninstalled the touchpad drivers...and installed new and still have this problem...I suggest contacting Acer support. The drivers are the only logical item which impact operating system and function, anything other than a operating system issue...should be an Acer issue.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users