Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Game problem...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jaysnzees

jaysnzees

• Members
  • 310 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:52 PM

I am trying to play Call of Duty 4 on my pc...I've played this here for years. Yestrday the game loaded, I joined an online server, the game loaded as normal, but right before it would normally start the entire screen went blue and I got this...

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Below that it had a long file name consisting of many 0's.

It said that the recently installed hardware may be bad, but I didn't install anything. I was hoping for a solution that did not involve removing and then re-installing COD4.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? if you need the exact error message I can copy it down.

thanks
What is thy bidding? My Master?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:17 PM

I would try reinstalling/updating the drivers for your devices. Specifically for you NIC or Wireless card.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 jaysnzees

jaysnzees
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 310 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:26 PM

I don't know what an NIC card is. nor where to find it.

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:56 PM

It's the card you plug your ethernet cord into to get internet. You can find out by going to device manager. In Vista, just type "Device Manager" into the search box, and in xp, go to, start, control panel, system, hardware tab, device manager.

Go under the "Network Adapter" tab, and let us know what it says.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#5 jaysnzees

jaysnzees
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 310 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:43 PM

Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller

"This device is working properly.

If you are having problems with this device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter."

It could not find a better match other than what i already have, so Updating was not possible.

#6 jaysnzees

jaysnzees
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 310 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:20 PM

I I Googled the problem I posted here and got the solution I needed and I have updated the driver. thank you for your time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users