Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PCI-E for Socket 478?!?!?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chevelle68

chevelle68

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:04 AM

Hey i have a Dell Dimension 2400 with a Celeron 2.6... I was looking to upgrade the integrated graphics on my computer, but with no AGP, i decided that to ugrade the graphics it would make sense to go beyond just PCI. I was looking into mainboards and i found the Albatron PX915P4C Pro. It claims that it is a socket type 478 with one PCI-E slot. Everything that i have been told so far about mobos and chips is that my Celeron chip is a 478, and that only the newer socket LGA775 chips have PCI-E. Anyway i guess what i need help with is that i dont know if i can use my 478 Celeron processor with this mobo and be able to utilize the PCI-E advantage, or will the bios not support it. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED, PLEASE HELP ME OUT.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:06 PM

Dear Chevy,

Yup. You can use your Cel D with this motherboard but to get the full potential I would recommend going Intel P4 Prescott 3.2 or greater.

Also, this board wants SATA drives. You can hook IDE but again performance.

Here is a link;Newegg

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users