Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Two new rogues came out!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 XFireVicX

XFireVicX

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:07 AM

Two new rogue anti-virus has appear to me on the Internet recently. :flowers:
One is called antivirusBEST and the other is called Personal Antivirus. This new version of Personal Antivirus has a different user interface as the older one, and different file names. I'll post a video about AntivirusBEST later on in YouTube. AntivirusBEST uses aggressive advertisements like fake BSODs, pop up errors, false positives, fake security centers, and more. My cousin is infected with a newer version Personal Antivirus, and no anti-virus has detected the application. (I will post a screenshot later.) Also, please tell Malwarebytes about these infections, since I rely on them so much to clean off our computers every single day.

Cheers,
XFireVicX :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:36 PM

We appreciate your concern about these infections. I've moved your topic out of the Breaking News forum since the information provided isn't completely new and also doesn't follow the reporting protocol for that forum which requires references and sources for the information posted.

and no anti-virus has detected the application.

An anti-virus program might not. For rogue security programs, anti-malware programs such as MBAM and anti-spyware programs such as SuperAntiSpyware are often more effective.

I'll post a video about AntivirusBEST later on in YouTube.

Just be sure not to post links to YouTube ads.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,056 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:11 AM

Grinler has already posted removal guides.

How to remove Personal Antivirus
How to remove AntivirusBest
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 XFireVicX

XFireVicX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:36 AM

Before, I didn't see AntivirusBEST before. I didn't knew it was there. Thank you for telling me he posted already.
The USER INTERFACE is different on the Personal Antivirus my cousin has! He even said MBAM sadly didn't detected it!

Cheers,
:thumbsup: XFireVicX

Edited by XFireVicX, 01 July 2009 - 09:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users