Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problems with moniters

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Oistarn

Oistarn

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:55 AM

I have an ATI HD4760 GPU.

I have a vga to my moniter, and HD to my TV, both originally worked, now, however, only the monitor works, the tv, just shows the background, and no open applications etc...not even icons on the desktop.

Any ideas what this may be?!

EDIT: When i go to display settings, and put my TV, as my main moniter, the tv comes up with a full display, and then the monitor just shows the background...

Weird!?

Edited by Oistarn, 30 June 2009 - 10:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 High500

High500

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:14 AM

You are using extended desktop mode possibly to test this drag a window off screen and it should appear on the other screen.

To stop the extended desktop:
Right click on the catalyst icon in your system and untick the Extend desktop feature on the second card listed in the menu. This will then "clone" your desktop. if this is the desired effect, but if it isnt let me know what you wish to achieve?

High500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users