Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows media centre tv tuner card?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Oistarn

Oistarn

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:29 AM

I want a tv tuner card, for a pc with a GA-MA790XT-UD4P mobo.

What is the best sort of thing to get?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:27 AM

I find it best to get cards I can afford.

There's a wide variety available, so there is no easy answer to your query.

I suggest that take a look at one or more websites that feature/manufacture tuner cards...and get some ideas from that.

The Hauppauge website would be a decent place to start, http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/prods.html

Louis

#3 High500

High500

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:04 AM

Hauppaugge are definatley a good brand to go for, though you may have to pay more for the features you want.

Ie some allow cable tv input, some satelite, some anologue free to air, some digital freeview, some have other inputs, some dont.

But the major pulling point is in your post title. Make sure its compatible with media centre, some will do both xp and vista media centre, some do just one flavour. Make sure you check them out.

Hope this helps!

High500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users