Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can only get Google to load

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DanielD1974

DanielD1974

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:16 AM

I have a really strange problem that has developed over the last couple of days
with my BT Broadband connection.

I have two laptops at home, they find the hub perfectly and the signal and connection
speed are excellent.

However regardless of whether I use internet explorer or Firefox, I can only load Google.
It will allow me to search and loads google search results. But if I click on any of the
search results, or just type in any other website address, it just says waiting for......
(website address) and then transferring data from.....(website address).

But the pages never, ever load.

Now I do not think this can be a problem with the laptops, as when I connect them at
work, they work perfectly and I can load any website at all.

I have tried resetting the hub, reinstalling BT Broadband on the laptop, but nothing
makes any difference.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Daniel

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users