Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows xp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kdp

kdp

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:35 AM

Hi everyone,

I desperately need some help. When I switch on my computer it starts running but then the screen brings up a message saying out of frequency, when 20 seconds are over then the monitor switches off. I know it's something to do with the display modes but I don't know how to get round it since I can't even see the cursor on the screen.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:40 AM

Is there a switch on the back of the monitor for power mode - different voltages, etc?

If not, try starting in safe mode which will bring up only the basic windows video driver. See if you can get to settings for your monitor using safe mode.

Edited by Enthusiast, 06 July 2005 - 03:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users