Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

quick little question about avg 8.5

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Smitty09

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:00 AM

when i choose to perform a scan using avg theres a little bar at the bottom left once the scan starts which says its currently running a fast scan but when i move the bar over to the left it swithces to smart scan...well i was just wondering what the difference was between a smart scan and a fast scan and is either one reccomended

Edited by Smitty09, 30 June 2009 - 03:01 AM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,434 posts
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:49 PM

From the avg documentation here:

Scan process priority - you can use the slider to change the scanning process priority. By default, the priority is set to medium level (Automatic scan) that optimizes the scanning process speed and the use of system resources. Alternatively, you can run the scanning process slower which means the system resources load will be minimized (useful when you need to work on the computer but you do not care so much how long the scanning takes), or faster with increased system

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users