Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What happened to meeeeeee

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 iDukeHelp

iDukeHelp

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:24 PM

I was cleaning the stove a few days ago and now I'm starting to get my eyes burning and 2 wrinkles under my eyes (IM ONLY 14). And yesterday I woke up with bumps on my arms (small, mesquito bite-types).

What happened, was it the chemicals from the stove cleaning?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blackchaos93

blackchaos93

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

Hmmm maybe you're having an allergic reaction?
I hate my life :(

#3 ableg02

ableg02

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:46 AM

it could be.

#4 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:13 AM

I am not a doctor but I play one on TV.. take 2 motrin and call your doctor in the morning. Sounds like an allergy.

Edited by Pandy, 30 June 2009 - 01:17 AM.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#5 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:23 AM

Some stove cleaners,especially Oven Cleaners are pretty Caustic,and if inhaled, can attack your immune system.
It has happened to me. Sounds like an allergic reaction,which will pass normally, after a couple of days.
If in doubt,see your Doctor. :thumbsup:

#6 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:33 PM

As everyone else has said it sounds like an Allergic Reaction, I've had similar small bumps like that pretty much all over me within a few days (This happened about 3 years ago, I was about a year older than you), had them for about a 3 weeks to a month it took a course of some strong anti-biotics for a week to get rid of it, the odd thing is I never found out what the exact thing I was allergic to, very odd allergic reactions just a small change to anything and your immune system might react to it.

As has been suggested see how it goes over a couple of days should probably subside after that but if not obviously get yourself to your local GP.

As a suggestion always wash your hands after using any Chemical Cleaners, that would probably be the reason for your eyes burning, normally says on the warning section to try not to get it near your eyes or mouth and some will say not to get it near your skin, might be a good idea to read the information on the stove cleaner chemical thing you used as well.

Edited by woodyblade, 30 June 2009 - 05:34 PM.

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,909 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:20 PM

Antibiotics for an allergy? That doesn't sound right to me. Antihistamines I could understand but not antibiotics.

Anyway, when using stove cleaners, the room should always be well-ventilated. Also should wear gloves etc. Many stove cleaners contain lye AKA sodium hydroxide. It's very caustic. Some may bleach your clothing too. I'll never forget a beautiful corduroy green jumper I had that got a yellow "bleached" spot as a consequence of cleaning the oven.

This may sound a bit crazy, but take a tub bath with some vinegar, about a cup or two, in the water. It certainly won't hurt and it might help.

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#8 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:09 AM

Antibiotics for an allergy? That doesn't sound right to me. Antihistamines I could understand but not antibiotics.

It wasn't for the allergy itself, as I said I never found the cause for it and have never been affected since as far as I know the only thing I am allergic to now is Pollen i.e. Hayfever, the Antibiotics were to get rid of the small bumps that weren't subsiding and as I said it worked after a week and the bumps had subsided, the Doctor had took a urine sample and didn't know what was up when that was analysed so prescribed me the Antibiotics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users