Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Mistake?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gilmour

gilmour

• Banned
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:13 AM

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161497,00.html

In Becker County, Minn., District Judge Thomas Schroeder, who had set bail at $15,000 despite prosecutors' request that it be $25,000, said Sunday that he barely remembers the case and isn't sure if he knew then that the man was a registered Level 3 sex offender.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rasone77

rasone77

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2005 - 09:55 AM

Wow that is seriously bleeped up.

What the heck is wrong with people!!

#3 dagr

dagr

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 14 July 2005 - 05:13 PM

The mistake is wearing robes and sitting on the bench. How did a moron like that become a judge? He shows such poor judgement he should not be allowed to drive. Hope he doesn't have kids.

#4 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 18 July 2005 - 01:14 AM

he did make a bad mistake by setting bail that low. But i think as long as he is telling the truth he should keep his job.

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:52 AM

Any one who abuses a child or commits rape, should be treated no differently than a murderer. In order to be fair. They should maybe be given a second chance. But that's it!!! All judged on a case by case basis. If they ever had a prior conviction, where they were convicted beyond a shadow of a doubt. Especially if the crime was an extremly violent one. I say no more chances! And, as we all know when many of these offender's are released back into society. They continue thier twisted ways.

Molesters Often Strike Again @ Fox News
But a number of sex offenders do know they can’t be trusted around kids. reportedly was so aware of his problem that he’d pleaded for help in the past, *Couey*, saying he was a danger to children because he couldn’t stop himself from sexually abusing them. That compulsion is what makes it next to impossible to “cure” chronic child molesters.

“They’re basically untreatable,” Schlesinger said. “They’re predatory, compulsive, repetitive offenders. These are very dangerous people, aroused by children. That’s part of their sexuality. It’s very, very difficult to change that.”

*John Couey* The abducter, molester and murderer of Jessica Lunsford.

He Buried Her Alive By: John Gibson @ Fox news

Now Gibson is onto something. I agree!

So why in those cases where there are prior convictions. Is there even a bail set? Bail should be denied!!!

Duncan, who was raised in Tacoma, Wash., had spent more than a decade in prison for sexually assaulting a 14-year-old boy at gunpoint and was a fugitive at the time of his arrest for allegedly molesting a 6-year-old boy in Minnesota.

A registered high-risk sex offender, Duncan was released on $15,000 bail earlier this year after being charged with molesting the boy. Police in Fargo had been looking for Duncan since May, when he failed to check in with a probation agent.

So again my point. He should never been allowed bail. My God, he had spent 10 yrs. in jail already. A hopeless case, in my eyes. The injustice here was not the amount of the bail. The injustice was the fact that he was given bail at all.
NO bail for these freaks!
Once convicted, death row!

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Scarlett, 18 July 2005 - 09:43 AM.

Posted Image

#6 ~overkill~

~overkill~

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2005 - 08:14 PM

i have said that i did, do, and always will love God...and i DO believe what I said about the three rules

And I am NO ONE to hold myself so high as to appoint myself judge, jury, and executioner

but THAT is one topic that makes me me lose my MIND! I have to admit that, were I ever placed in the position, I WOULD KILL someone like that without even a moments hesitation. I have no idea what an act like that would cost me mentally throughout the rest of my life, but it would be the end result and i would have to find a way to believe that somehow, through some loophole that not even the pope is aware of, that my eternal life would somehow be salvaged, that God would understand. But there would be no way I could walk away and let that guy live to destroy another tiny human soul...just not possible. People have a way of being able to justify any action they want, and I think mine on that note would be a flat refusal to believe that someone who could do that to someone else, ignoring the fact that its a small small child, not EVEN with the ability of being able defend her/himself to the point of stopping such an act, that the heart of that person in NO WAY was created by God. By the way, lets give lil jessica a moment of silence, and thank God that He decided that her life should be ended with that perversion, that she doesnt have to go through all that she wold have went through in her mind for the rest of her life had she lived. It is said that God will not bring to bear upon someone that which they cannot handle. I dont think she wouldve made it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users