Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mozilla Firefox lost 3 years worth of BOOKMARKS..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheManInTheCUBE

TheManInTheCUBE

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:51 PM

if I go into app data & click on the html for backups..I still get ZERO bookmarks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,768 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:13 PM

Hi,

if you are using Firefox3, it is no longer storing the bookmarks in the html file. This only remains for compatibility with previous versions. So it would have been empty even before you lost your bookmarks.

Have a look at Bookmarks -> manage bookmarks ->import and backups->restore you should find backups from the last couple of days, that firefox made automatically.

For further information please have a look at the article about lost bookmarks from mozilla: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks

regards _temp_

Edited by _temp_, 29 June 2009 - 07:13 PM.

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users