Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer shuts down on its own

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ragne

Ragne

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:36 PM

I have been getting really annoyed with my computer lately. Maybe once or twice every day when I'm doing something normal, like surfing the Internet or watching YouTube, my computer will randomly shut itself off. When I try to boot back up, the screen comes up with the Windows Error Recovery, and asks me if I want to start Windows normally or in any combination of the Safe Mode options. No matter which one I chose, my computer shuts itself down again, while trying to boot up. Try to turn it back on, it boots up, *BAM* shuts itself down. Boot it back up again and again, until it comes up saying, "Windows was unable to start," and gives me two options: to start Windows normally, or to launch start-up repair. So I launch start-up repair, and it does a system restore. After it finishes, I go into the details, and I scroll down to the end, and it says, "Root Problem Found: Unexpected changes to system configuration may have caused this problem." So then I restart my computer, and it boots, loads, and operates normally, just until the crash happens again. It's been happening for two weeks now, and I know for sure it's not a virus. I thought it may have been a rootkit or a virus, so I decide to reformat my PC. So, as usual, I backed up all my files to a flash drive and started the reformatting. Once it was done, I reuinstalled all my programs and put all my files back on my computer. I got my hopes up because I thought the crashes had finally ended, but I was wrong. Maybe two days after my reformat, my computer had had the same problem it had before I had reformatted it. So I know for sure it's not an infection of any sort. It's really strange. It's not like a crash, because other times in the past before I had reformatted, I have gotten crashes, and when I log on to safe mode to fix them with system restore, it says, "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown." With this, it doesn't do that. Another thing I noticed is that it usually happens when I play games. Also another interesting thing I noticed is that when I try to do a memory diagnostic, my computer shuts down, not displaying any results to the diagnostic, or error and crash messages next time I boot up or log in, which leaves me to think that I have a problem in my RAM. Even today I had the crash happen to me while I was working on a word document, and I noticed something strange. My document did not auto-save and remained the same as it did last time I saved it. I don't know if this means anything, or if it's just some random problem. One last thing, when I reformatted, I got Bitdefender Anti-virus, and once the computer crashed, Bitdefender stopped working, so I switched to Avast. I'm going to send this in for testing and to get fixed in a week, when I leave for camp. If any other problems arise, I'll post them here. I'm begging for your help. Please, someone, help me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 brox

brox

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:12 PM

you have a trojan, or virus, spyware stuff.... I got the same infection and it shuts down automaticly after I started the computer...

so I am unable to do anything... somewhere runs a littel .exe programm, that tells the system to shut down automaticly...

other people had the same issue.. described like this:

----
sudden explorer closed and a little window that said "harmful trojan" appeared I wasn't able to read what was the name of the trojan because the computer shutdown and restarted itself. Once it starts only like 10 seconds pass maybe less and it shuts down again and restarts and that happens over and over again. So i looked online and in some website somebody said to press "window+R" and go to cmd and type "shutdown -a" to cancel the shutdown so that I could get rid of the trojan, i did that 3 times already and is not working, so my question is what can i do now?
-----

if someone could help us, that woudl be great.. maybe someone already knows the name of this trojan or virus and also already knows which software can remove that thing from the vista system.

every little info is highly appreciated...

than you so much....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users