Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Did you know ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bluto

bluto

• Banned
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:20 PM

Definition: Motherboard already explained. :thumbsup:
Daughterboard: eg Video card.
:flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:52 PM

No, but I do now. :thumbsup:

A daughterboard (or daughter board, daughter card, or daughtercard) is a circuit board that plugs into and extends the circuitry of another circuit board. The other circuit board may be the computer's main board (its motherboard) or it may be another board or card that is already in the computer, often a sound card. The term is commonly used by manufacturers of wavetable daughterboards that attach to existing sound cards.

A mezzanine card is a kind of daughterboard that is installed in the same plane as but on a second level above the motherboard.
Posted Image

#3 bluto

bluto
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:25 AM

Right on,anything that helps Mom.
A mother or a motherboard is nothing till they include a daughter,get it Dadio ?
:thumbsup:
Son of a gun.
:flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users