Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with Adsense Inbox

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 confused55

confused55

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:26 PM

I am trying to setup my Adsense Inbox that I ordered. I didn't know that I was supposed to know about this

stuff before I ordered. They said all I had to do was download it and there were a few steps to setup. Does anyone know

if there is an Adsense Inbox ebook or something? This is most of what I am having trouble with...

Step #1

The first step in installing Adsense Inbox is to install a copy of WordPress blog.

Download a copy of Word press athttp://wordpress.org/download/
Click Here to go to the Wordpress Installation instruction page.
We do not provide direct install instructions for the wordpress blog here, please use the links above for the WordPress install details.

Once you have completed the install of the WordPress blog script you can then proceed to install Adsense Inbox with the instructions below.

Step #2

Overview
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The script is implemented in a form of WordPress plugin.

It consist of following scripts:

cron_poster.php - the main script that connects to mail server and saves emails to your WordPress database. IThis is to be run by a cron scheduler.

You can use following syntax for setting up your cron job:

/usr/bin/php -f /home/adsensei/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/adsense_inbox/cron_poster.php

adsense_inbox.php - the plugin itself that create a new menu in WordPress admin panel and allow to configure the main script.

The remaining 4 files are additional libraries used by main script:

Akismet.class.php
class-pop3.php
mimedecode.php
PEAR.php

Unzip the included file "Adsense Inbox"

1. Upload contents of the "Adsense Inbox" folder directly into the same folder you installed WordPress into on your website. This inccludes uploading the folders

images
and
wp-content

So they will over write these two files in your WordPress Installation, no files will actually be over wirtten, new files will just be placed into the proper place in your WordPress install.

2. Create a POP3 email address in your c-Panel, this is the email address you will use to subscribe to any email lists whos email you wish to display in your new Adsense Inbox. It should be set up as yourname@yourdomain.com and be sure you write down the login password you select you will need it soon!

3. Setup your Cron, in c-Panel setup a cron to tell Ansense Inbox how often to check for new email.

Our Cron job is setup as
/usr/bin/php -f /home/adsensei/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/adsense_inbox/cron_poster.php

Things to consider when setting up your cron. In our example above the term "adsensi" is our site path on our server so yours will be what ever your site path is, if you do not know whatthis is ask your web host.

Also in our example above you see "wordpress" this is because our copy of WordPress is installed in a folder with the name wordpress, if you install yours in a folder called blog, then you would have blog in this place or if you install your copy of wordpress right in the root of your domain you woudl get rid of wordpress/ in the example above.

We set our Cron Job to check for new email once per hour, you may set yours to check it any any intervall you wish such as once per day, once per hour, or even once every fifteen minutes.

If while testing your email setup you wish to trigger the cron without waiting for the set time you can do so by directing your browser to
http://www.yourdomain.com/wordpress/wp-con...cron_poster.php

The above link assumes you installed your WordPress blog in a folder calles wordpress on your domain.

Step #3

Login to your newly installed copy of WordPress with the user name and password you selected and Go to your Admin -> Plugin and activate "Adsense Inbox". After successful activation the plugin adds a new menu link into your WordPress blog called "Adsense Inbox".

Step #4

Configuration
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are following submenus under "Adsense Inbox":

* Adsense Inbox
* Stats
* Rules
* Cleaner
* Options
* AdSense
* Disclaimer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:24 PM

On which part are you stuck?

#3 confused55

confused55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:54 PM

Most of it :thumbsup: Can you start on number two?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users