Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google rerouts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 heidman

heidman

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:30 AM

My IE has been getting rerouted to "overclick.cn", "yachtclucbs.ca" and a few other sights when I click a link but mosty in google. I know there is something on my comp to make this happen but i have not been able to find it. i have search fourms and found many ppl haveing the same issue.

I have used Ad-Aware anniversary edition (free ware) but it does not find anything with "smart scan" or "full scan". I have also used "Spyzooka" free trial for the search and it finds 2 items in my regestry:
"Win32.AnitSpyGolden [Adware] (Regestry: Software\Microsoft\Internet)"
"Win32.Adware.MP3Z [Adware] (Regestry: Software\Microsoft\Internet)"
althow it only shows part of the path, I can use trial and error to find it like I do with most cases, I cant find them at all.

I dont think I left much out. In the fourm posts I looked in there was talk about "SKYNETxxxxxx". perhaps thats what im trying to fight here?? Its not causing me too many issues, its just getting on my nervers now.

Thanks for the help who ever helps.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:43 AM

FWIW: IMO, Ad-Aware is pretty weak defense.

I would suggest replacing it with either/both SUPERAntispyware and/or Malwarebytes.

Louis

#3 heidman

heidman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:37 PM

First off, thank you for your opinion hamluis. Malwarebytes' did help alot.

I used Malwarebytes' and it deff found items. I will add the logs to this reply.

I used "full scan" for both scans, first cam up with aprox 119ish hits. I reboot and rescan and now no hits. I am having another issue now. When ever an .exe file is ran, be it explorer.exe or notpad.exe, im getting an error.

"xxxx.exe - Bad Image
The application or DLL Globalroot\systemroot\SKYNETsdrswjkr.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your instalation diskette"

*EDIT* The application does run after the error msg. Also a question, is "full scan" needed??

Any ideas what this is all about??

Attached Files

Edited by heidman, 29 June 2009 - 12:42 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:39 PM

You might take a look at some seemingly related posts, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=g...%3As1g2g%3As1g4

Louis

#5 heidman

heidman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:46 PM

Thanks, I have and I found another member of the fourm that is having the same issue, I repost in that area of the fourm.

Thanks again for your referal for Malwarebytes', good stuff

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:48 PM

I made a suggestion to the administrative hierarchy...that your post/thread be moved to the section dealing with malware.

Louis

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,040 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:06 PM

Hello malware topic started here.. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1319467

So I will close this to avoid confusion..

Edited by boopme, 29 June 2009 - 03:07 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users