Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor won't turn on at startup.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mikazumi

Mikazumi

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:20 AM

I don't really have much info on my monitor or anything right now as it is late at night and I am tired and absolutely frustrated, but I was on my computer awhile ago and I decided to restart it. When it started up, it'd show all the monitor info or whatever comes on when you turn on the pc, but then it wouldn't display the windows logo and the monitor would just lose signal. I'm using Windows Vista. Basically it's like working a computer with no monitor -_- it can work fine. This has happened in the past which I have fixed but I can't remember how. I know one occasion it did fix when I ran a disk check at startup...I tried this but no luck. I was stupid enough to manage to get it to run twice more. I was able to get on with safe mode but now when I try to go into safe mode it sits there trying to load the files to go into safe mode...I haven't had a chance to try any other monitors on it yet. I hope someone can help me out. I'll add that I did not adjust any of the hardware inside my pc or anything and I never have. I just hope I didn't mess up my PC or anything...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eric RBA

Eric RBA

• Members
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:49 PM

Mikazumi,

You're going to need to be able to tell us a little bit more about some things, if possible. First, start with trying to remember, when you're a little more cognizant, what you did in the past to "fix" your monitor. As you can tell, it's not really fixed, so it might help to know what you've done. Also, tell us what type of monitor it is, what type of PC you have. Also, how long did it sit there loading safe mode before you intervened? Did it crash, or stop in some way, or maybe you got frustrated and didn't want to wait and then shut it off? If it loads into safe mode and you can see the picture on your screen, then it might be a driver or video card issue. So please help us to help you and give a little more information.

Thanks!

#3 Mikazumi

Mikazumi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:37 PM

Okay, in the past I know it has fixed itself, it has also fixed by running disk check and I *do* know we tried a method I saw on a forum. It included pulling out one of the monitor's cords from what I remember, but I can't find that same forum with that solution...

What I've done so far is I have booted it to see if the monitor fixes itself (with no success) and then going into safe mode and setting my computer to run a disk check. I've run the disk check and that has not worked either. I have not tried any other methods as of now.

Also I did manage to run it in safe mode, I left it on overnight and it had restarted (I think). I believe it won't stop running disk check until I login (my account has a password) so I blindly typed my pass in and from what I could tell on my headset I logged in. That fixed those disk checks and I'm back here in safe mode (I'm using the pc right now) So yeah basically it was like it was running Disk Check when I was trying to load safe mode but it wouldn't display the Disk Check.

Apparently I have a 22" (I actually have no idea on the size but that's the closest size it was) Chimei CMV 221d monitor, if that's what you're looking for. It's a bit hard to gather any information, which would be because I'm not that tech-savvy yet.

Sorry that I couldn't provide much info but hopefully it says something!

#4 Mikazumi

Mikazumi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:10 PM

Well, it's all fixed now. Turns out the problem was something caused by my Dad to do with plugging the monitor into the back of my computer. He plugged in both cords when he was only meant to plug in one :/ Well at least it shouldn't happen again, especially that I removed the dozens of cable ties and can tell what is where xP

#5 Eric RBA

Eric RBA

• Members
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:54 AM

Hey, thanks for letting us know it was resolved and worked out. You may want to keep your pops away from your PC without supervision. Hah!

Regards
I would never ask a person to do something that I wouldn't do myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users