Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pc abruptly shuts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 my_pc_sucks

my_pc_sucks

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:44 AM

hey techies,there a real serious problemmo,whenever i try to play a game on my computer,or try to install some heavy software or any software,my f@#$ing pc shuta off itself.But still i see num lock lights and the green light(the one we hav on the cabinet beside the red one) on.Then i hav to hold the start button(on cabinet) untill the green light turns off to switch off the whole system. i again start it manually by using power button.I even scanned the whole hd for virus but found nothing.plz help me coz it is really annoying me and makes me really angry.
I am using windows xp sp2.

EDIT: Moved to a more appropriate forum - MG

Edited by garmanma, 29 June 2009 - 10:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 my_pc_sucks

my_pc_sucks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:00 AM

one thing more,i thought it was a virus problem so i tried to format my c drive but again same thing happened,after the initialization of win xp setup(where we hav to chose whether we want to install a fresh copy or repair the present one) pc shut ed itself.please dont advise me to format my entire hd.

#3 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:13 AM

Sounds like a CPU overheating proble3m.

Could be the heatsink/fan is dirty preventing proper cooling o, a possible fan failure, or maybe both.

What brand/model is it ?
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#4 my_pc_sucks

my_pc_sucks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:03 AM

my pc is assembled one,
mercury mainboard(don't know the model no.) :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users