Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer N 1.SCR program

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 harr

harr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:53 AM

Hello there,

I have a vista premium program on my Acer computer. I deleted the Zone Alarm and the E Set ND 32 programs, for security as the computer was running VERY SLOW. I added the Avg 8 and the Spyware doctor programs instead for security. I now a see popup saying :

"Acer N 1.SCR program has stopped working and that Windows is trying to correct the problem".

What is this program and how can I get it to work again, as I cant find any information on this program.. Your help is greatly appreciated. My address is

Thanks

Edit: Email removed for your protection

Edited by garmanma, 29 June 2009 - 02:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

Hi harr,

First of all, information is always helpful. Did the popup start after you deleted the two security programs or after you installed the new ones?

When you uninstalled Zone Alarm and Eset Nod 32, how did you go about it? There are specific removal instructions and sometimes tools that are necessary to uninstall security programs. Did you use these? Did you go to the website and run their removal programs? When you installed AVG and Spyware Doctor, did your computer speed up? Did you install the trial version of Spyware Doctor? Can you use your computer at all now? Does the warning go away if you click on something?

If you can use your computer, please start by uninstalling Spyware Doctor and see if the problem is still there. Then try uninstalling AVG. If the problem persists, then please do the following:

I would like to ask you to go back to an earlier point from before you uninstalled Zone Alarm and Eset Nod 32. There is not directly a system restore in Vista, but something similar.

Here are the instructions for that:

Windows Vista System Restore Guide

See if you get anywhere with this to begin with and let me know how it goes.

Zllio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users