Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

100 % cpu when browsing using IE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kr9192

kr9192

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:32 AM

I recently cleaned some viruses from my pc, now my IE browser runs at 100%cpu when on on Internet. All subsequent scans for viruses and sypware are negative. Reviewed this site for different scans. malwarebytes, combofix all negative. Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:12 AM

What kind of security software do you use? Some web scanner software constantly scan the web traffic for viruses and put load on CPU.

#3 kr9192

kr9192
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:39 PM

I use AVG using the resident shield, and manually run malwarebytes, combofix, spybot...
This just seems to have happened after a virus cleanup?

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:36 AM

Download Microsoft ProcessExplorer XP from here : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896653.aspx

Run it and and you will see which process/application is consuming how much CPU power in percentage. It will be shown in the CPU column of Process Explorer.
Other than System Idle Process, which should be near 100, find if any other process is consuming lots of CPU for a long time continuously.

Please report back what you find.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users