Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC reboots

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dark19

Dark19

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:27 AM

Hi all,
yesterday i started having some issues with my computer,it rebooted with no reason and when i went to check to event viewer i found many events of this type ....... An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation. and A parity error was detected on \Device\Ide\IdePort0. . I recently change my HDD cause i had problems with the previous one and i purchase a Western Digital 320 GB HDD (8MB Cache, 7200 rpm, IDE, WD3200AAJB
At this momment i am perfoming a diagnostic for my HDD by i thought i could use some advise from experts too

My computer is an Intel Pentium 4 at 3.2 Ghz
1.00 GB ram and yesterday i updated to Windows XP profesional SP 3

Thanx in advance for any advices

Update : Diagnostic didnt show any errors

Edited by Dark19, 29 June 2009 - 06:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:29 AM

You only have 1 hard drive installed?

I find it hard to believe that Windows will find disk errors which go unnoticed by the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=A...mp;oq=&aqi=

Have you checked the connections to the drive?

Is the jumper properly set?

Louis

#3 Dark19

Dark19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:37 AM

I thought so that if diagnostic hasn't found anything then i should replace my connections so i got a new data cable and so far so good,no restarts.Lets hope it was just the data cable cause i used it from my old hard drive.

I'll inform you if anything happens.Thanks for the fast reply and keep the good work guys

Ps: yes i have only 1 hard drive installed at the momment.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:50 AM

Keep an eye on it :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users