Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Growing problem.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rk1988

rk1988

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:47 AM

I have run into a wall. Recently my computer has been plauged by malicious software. For the most part I have been able to get rid of them and then my computer seems perfectly fine. Unfortunatly they seem to keep coming back on my computer (After the first batch I pretty much visited only my most trusted favorite sites). Each time the software effects my computer worse than the last. It has gotten to the point that my anti-virus programs (Hijack This, Malewarebyte's Anti-Maleware, Symantec *all defenitions kept up to date*) either get blocked, have errors, or unable to do anything at all. Cannot open taskmanager either. And now it has got to the point that I cannot run safemode. Everytime i try to load any safe mode it starts loading safemode then seems reboot itself back to the menu. So I clicked on Last best run settings and my background was replaced with virus warnings and a fake security program that blocked everything. When I restart my stuff looks normal expect very slow and taskmanager and my security progams won't work right.

My question is if there is any steps I can take to get my computer back to working right? Or am I going to have to put her down. Any help in the matter would be appreciated. Currently just leaving it turned off without internet access.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,935 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:38 AM

Sounds like you did not completely remove the infection and it was able to download more malicious files that made things worst.

Try scanning again with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. If MBAM will not run, try renaming it first.
  • Open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files.
  • Right-click on the mbam.exe file and rename it to myscan.exe.
  • Double-click on myscan.exe to launch the program.
If that did not work, then try renaming and changing the file extension. <- click this link if you do not see the file extension
  • Open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files.
  • Right-click on the mbam.exe file, rename it to myscan and change the .exe extension to .scr, .com, .pif, or .bat.
  • Double-click on myscan.scr (or whatever extension you renamed it) to launch the program.
If using Windows Vista, refer to How to Change a File Extension in Windows Vista.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 rk1988

rk1988
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:47 AM

I renamed it and ran a bunch of scans and it ended up getting rid of a lot of infected files (+200). The problem now is that I have problems when trying to update or install new anti virus software. I get error messages like "not enough quota is available to process this command" when i try to run installs such as AVG. Still cannot get safemode to run. It starts loading the files then just restarts. And there appears to be a new drive on my computer the G: drive. There appears to be some infected files my anti-virus programs cannot find and I was wondering if there was a way to make it so my virus scanners could find hidden files.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,935 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:01 AM

Please download Norman Malware Cleaner and save to your desktop.
alternate download link
  • Be sure to print out the instructions provided on the same page.
  • Restart your computer in "Safe Mode".
  • Double-click on Norman_Malware_Cleaner.exe to start the program.
  • Read the End User License Agreement and click the Accept button to open the scanning window.
  • Click Start Scan to begin.
  • In some cases Norman Malware Cleaner may require that you restart the computer to completely remove an infection. If prompted, reboot and run the tool again to ensure that all infections are removed.
  • After the scan has finished, a log file with the date (i.e. NFix_2009-06-22_07-08-56.log) will be created on your desktop with the results.
Please download and scan with Dr.Web CureIt - alternate download link.
Follow these instructions for performing a scan in "safe mode".
If you cannot boot into safe mode, then perform your scan in normal mode. Be aware, this scan could take a long time to complete.
-- Post the log in your next reply. If you can't find the log, try to write down what was detected/removed before exiting Dr.WebCureIt so you can provide that information.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users