Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wndows xp pro lockout

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 rjwoodie

rjwoodie

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:45 AM

hey there people im new here so please bear with me lol.
my system is a windows xp pro machine with sp3 update installed.
it has a 60gig hardrive as well.
i have been locked out of my system by a stupid prank played on me by one of my friends, by changing my user login password i can now not log back into windows.
when i question my friend about this he came back around to put the user login password in for me.
unfortunatly he now no longer remembers it and i still cant cant gain access.
i would use my windows xp cd to gain access but that has been scracthed and i cant even make a back up copy.
my computer is a compaq laptop with 60gig hdd and its full of personal documents and work stuff.
so if anyone has ay ideas on how to gan access???
wuld be awesome thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,701 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:31 AM

hello rjwoodie

While I do sympathize with your unfortunate situation, it is against forum policy to provide assistance on circumventing any security measures. Wish I could do more for you. :thumbsup:

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:40 AM

To confirm Blade Zephon's statement in case there might be doubt, I add the following:

It is against the policy of BleepingComputer to provide information on methods to reset or bypass the Administrator password, as well as any other password based login feature. Though your question is most likely legitimate, there are others who may read this topic and use the information for less savory reasons. It is for these reasons we do not provide this type of information.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send any moderator or other staff member a private message. Thank you for your understanding.

Reference: BleepingComputer Board Rules

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users