Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue with .mkv video

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nadroj51590

nadroj51590

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:30 AM

Suddenly without me installing anything new, all of my .mkv files have stopped playing properly. With Zoom player and Media Player Classic, the video moves slower than usual while the audio moves at the proper speed and with VLC media player, the video freezes up completely. All other file formats that I've tried playing since this happened continue to work perfectly fine with all three players. I have already tried reinstalling my Combined Community Codec Pack but it didn't make a difference.

I'm currently running Windows Vista on an HP Pavilion dv9700 notebook with:
3 GB RAM
AMD Turion 2 GHz Dual Core Processor
NVIDIA GeForce 7150M Graphics Card

Any ideas on solutions would appreciated.

Update:
Now Zoom player is coming up with the error message "Unable to play [[Eclipse] Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - 05 (1280x720 h264) [3373DF87].mkv]
This may be due to a corrupt file, missing filters, filter conflicts, or hardware related issues." for all files, Media Player Classic just says it's opening the file while doing nothing until I close it, and VLC Player just plays audio while the video freaks out, glitches, and freezes.

Edited by nadroj51590, 29 June 2009 - 06:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Shadowdance

Shadowdance

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

If you download and load the movie on Windows Media Player Classic, is this problem occurs?

Edited by Shadowdance, 21 July 2009 - 06:14 PM.

WIN 7 ULTIMATE EN, AMD Dual-Core A4-6320, 3.8GHz (Turbo 4GHz), MB: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A55BM-E Rev X.0x, DDR3 SIN 1333 4GB, AMD Radeon HD 8370D, Realtek High Definition Audio,

Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 500GB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users