Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intalled Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Derek Ellis

Derek Ellis

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:08 PM

I have ordered my Copy of Windows 7 that comes out in October.

I have decided to install the Release Candidate and use it until then.

So far everything in compatible except for the following:

Green Print World (fails to install)

Zone Alarm (says I need to "upgrade" to Vista SP1, which I assume that it doesn’t recognize Windows 7)

Kodak Easy share Camera C813 (Kodak did say that they will release Windows 7 drivers in the future)

Does anyone use the above items, if so are you having problems? Can you even use them at all? If so what did you do to solve it?

Also, should I still be using security software I had before, like I had with Windows Xp?

Spyybot search and destroy
Spyware blaster
Ad-aware
Super Antispyware

I am using Avira right now with no problems.

Also if i cant find a Windows 7 driver should i try to use a driver for Windows Vista?

Edited by Derek Ellis, 28 June 2009 - 11:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

Authorized Microsoft Rep

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:45 AM

For right now, using Vista drivers is working a majority of the time. I think you'll see a pretty big push from manufacturers to get drivers out there for their relevant products as Windows 7 is shaping up to be a big shift in the OS market (according to some sources). It make sense for these manufacturers to get their drivers out and circulating before or shortly after this goes live in Oct.

Cheers,
Ron S

Windows Outreach Team

Facebook - Twitter - YouTube

#3 Derek Ellis

Derek Ellis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:19 AM

There is one problem i do have so far.

Is the softare U3 that is used on USB drives (such as Sandisk) Compatible for Windows 7?

If its not compatible yet, fortunatly i still have my laptop will Windows Xp installed. I guess i will have to remove my data and then uninstall the U3 to be able to use the USB Drive. I am using a Sandisk Cruzer Micro 1GB

Anyone else have a problem with U3 software on Windows 7?

#4 Derek Ellis

Derek Ellis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:08 PM

I did a reinstall of Windows 7 yesterday. There seem to be a problem i had with Windows Live Programs.

Found out my camrea works after all. I am not using the Kodak Easy share software, i just plugged it in and the OS recongized the drivers. I really didnt like the software to begin with.

My Bluetooth Notebook mouse 5000 still does not work with my Laptop.

#5 sonicjet

sonicjet

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:17 AM

Hey just have to say,my 4Gb Sandisk Cruzer Micro's U3 setup works on 32 and 64 bit windows 7(I have 2 computors:one 32 bit 2.2GHz C2D,3GB ram,and an 64 bit athlon 64 X2,1.5GB ram,Guess which one is faster:),its shocking how fast the AMD is,{its funny to run Win XP on it,10 sec boot time[after bios],4 sec shut down}),I don't use the software though,it annoys me when I am just trying to use a small amount for a 5 foot computer to computer file transfer.

Edited by sonicjet, 08 July 2009 - 06:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users