Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 marv73

marv73

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:58 PM

Have a book approx 2" thick called "Mastering Windows XP" and I can't find the answer to the following situation. In the In Box on the left hand side there are three columns called Priority, Attachments and Flag. All or a majority of my incoming mail are now designated with attachments(Paperclip) which is definitely not the case. Have no idea what started this except most of these message with the attachments were going directly to the Delete folder before I erased all message rules to divert them back to the In Box where they belonged.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:11 PM

I am a bit confused with this one, but I will ask an easy question...
Did you sort your messages by attachment? To sort by a column(date, from, subject, etc) you click on the column title. If you click it more then once, it will change the sort by either ascending or descending. I have mine sorted by date.
JC

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:00 PM

If you have your Emails read in plain text (always a smart idea) you will see some HTML stuff shown as attachments.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 marv73

marv73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:04 PM

I think you might have hit on it. Seems like I do remember changing it to plain text. Picked that info up here on the forum somewhere. A little information can be dangerous at times. Thanks
Anybody ever tell you you resembled Freidrich Nietzsche?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users