Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Billy Mays

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:38 PM

On a returning flight, from filming a new OxiClean commercial, the plane experienced a blowout of the front tire:

"All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping," Mays reportedly told Tampa Bay's Fox affiliate. "It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

He just blew it off, and was found dead, by his wife, the next morning.

TV pitchman Billy Mays dead at 50
Pitchman Billy Mays Found Dead

Let this be a lesson; no matter how minor a blow to the head may feel, get it checked out by a Doctor.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:07 PM

No wonder I liked that guy. He's from Pittsburgh.

Sorry to hear he's gone.

I'm sure gonna miss hearing him hawkin "OxiClean"....

RIP Billy Mays
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:09 PM

"But wait, there's...

no more."

Posted Image

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#4 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:55 PM

Ooooooh....he died from a hit to the head. I heard he died from a heart attack myself, but I guess that's false.

Well, I don't know what to say. Sad that he died or happy that I won't have to hear his yelling voice anymore. Either way, that's celebrity #4 that died within this year....or something like that.....

Edited by scff249, 28 June 2009 - 07:55 PM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:21 AM

Either way, that's celebrity #4 that died within this year....or something like that.....

Well, depending on who's definition of 'celebrity' is applied it's alot more than 4. There's David Carradine, Dom DeLuise, Bea Arthur and Natasha Richardson.

According to this list if you include sports stars, older stars from the 50's and possibly earlier as well as politicians, musicians and other newsmakers. It's closer to 30+, so far this year.
2009 Celebrity Deaths

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:50 AM

True at that......so I'm shutting up.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:53 AM

I was actually more shocked to hear of his death than Michael Jackson's
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#8 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:13 AM

Se we got Farret Fawcett, Ed McMahnn, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays, and now from what I here we got Gale Storm.

http://www.google.com/news?pz=1&ned=us...mp;q=gale+storm

I thought celebrities were *only* suppose to die in 3's. If so, there is one more I only count 5.

EDIT: I take that back: Fred Travalena dies.

Edited by yano, 29 June 2009 - 11:17 AM.

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:30 PM

Add Karl Malden.... RIP

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#10 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:57 PM

Harve Presnell died: http://www.kansascity.com/402/story/1300922.html
and
Mollie Sugden died: http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts...icle6620105.ece

#11 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2009 - 04:48 PM

Long time American Football Quarterback Steve McNair: Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair killed, police say.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#12 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:40 AM

I guess the list just keeps growing and growing...

#13 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:23 PM

Thats the thing about being a human being on this planet........."Nobody Gets Out Alive!!!" :thumbsup:

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#14 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:37 PM

Bad thing is most of his products worked, unlike the Sham-wow dude or the other hawkers on TV. He will be missed

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users