Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

online storage

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stillwaters

stillwaters

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

Hi everyone!

Can anyone recommend the best file upload/online storage site (free and pay)

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:20 PM

This is one that I use. It is Windows Live Skydrive. It is free. All that you have to have a Windows Live ID, and you will get 25GB of online storage for free.
Computer Pro

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:30 AM

You also might want to take a look here: TopTenReviews.com of Online Storage for a listing. As an aside, I was also looking for storage and decided to try ADrive's free offer. It's been 3 days and 2 tries to have my validation email sent. :thumbsup:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:59 AM

Best free online storage is provided by Rapidshare www.rapidshare.com

You can create free account with few limitations like no download managers and you need to wait 30 seconds prior to download.
You can also buy their premium account.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:40 AM

Just wanted to say that I store pictures, emails, and other personal files on free email accounts.
Of course, you have to take into account the size of downloads/uploads allowed by each email provider.
But available storage on one Gmail account now is around 8gb. I backup by using two programs.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users