Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Game Computer.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Contract_killa32

Contract_killa32

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:02 PM

Hey ok so iv been looking at getting a computer.. building one my self.. I have a game Company of heroes and i
have never been able to play it doe to the computers me and my family have cant keep up..
So i was looking to build on my self.. i have looked on ebay and have seen some computers for $599.99
and they look pretty decent.. but my friend say they could build that same thing for cheaper..
But the mother boards and hard drive they use alone is like $200 a piece..
I want a good game computer and i have a budget of $700. I dont care about the flashy lights and what
not and dont need like a crazy top of the line computer. i just want as good as i can get For $700 under.

So if anyone knows of a place to get good parts for cheap or a place to buy one out together already (NEW)
for Max of $700 with up to date parts.. Please let me know.

-CK

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:40 PM

What exactly do you need? A complete system with monitor and speakers or just a barebones with a good videocard?

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 Contract_killa32

Contract_killa32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:29 PM

Barebones... i have a cheap case.. to hold me for a while
and my friends are going to donate a screen/mouse and extras

I just need the internals for the modem.

Edited by Contract_killa32, 28 June 2009 - 08:30 PM.

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:58 PM

Since you already have a video game, I assume you have the mouse, keyboard, and speakers. If this is the case, all you need is a tower. $700 will get you a decent PC.

Case: Sunbeam Transformer IC-TR-US-BA-WOPSU Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - This is a full tower case making it easy to work in and it will handle the huge graphics cards. $74 (Before $25 mail-in rebate)

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - This is an entry level AM3 board from a respected brand. Since this isn't designed for high performance, it does not allow for Crossfire but it will allow for DDR3 memory and the new AMD processors. $79

Video Card: XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB - This is ATI's best single GPU card. Unless you run some very high end games, this will do well. With a large graphics card such as this, you need a large full-ATX case. $199

Optical Drive: LG GH22NP20 DVD Writer - This drive will read and write most optical media. Newegg had a bad selection of drives so this one comes from TigerDirect. $29

Power Supply: OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W - OCZ makes good power supplies and this should meet your needs. $69 (Before $10 mail-in rebate)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz Black Edition - This is AMD's best triple core processor. It has more power than a dual core, but less than a quad. Since it is Black Edition, the multiplier is unlocked making overclocking a breeze. $119

RAM: mushkin HP 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 - Your motherboard requires DDR3 memory and this will do. $69

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB - This is plenty of space for many users. $69

Operating System: Windows 7 Release Candidate 64-bit - You need a 64-bit operating system to use 4GB or more of RAM. Normally, I would suggest Windows Vista but since this is free it will work. This is a release candidate that will expire March 2010 so you have to purchase Windows 7 prior to then. Windows 7 will be released October 22nd, 2009.

Total Price: $713 (Before mail-in rebates)

Edited by DJBPace07, 28 June 2009 - 09:00 PM.

3939.png

#5 Contract_killa32

Contract_killa32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

The game im wanting to play is Company of heroes..

Game Info
DirectX Version: v9.0c
Operating System: Windows XP

Minimum System Requirements
System: 2.0GHz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent
RAM: 512 MB
Video Memory: 64 MB
Hard Drive Space: 6500 MB

Recommended System Requirements
System: 3.0GHz Intel Pentium or equivalent
RAM: 1024 MB
Video Memory: 256 MB
Hard Drive Space: 6500 MB

Alright yea i already have a cheap case i got off someone for free.
and yea i have screen..mouse.. keyboard.. and some legit speakers.
So yea that list sounds pretty good as long as your prices are right =]

thank you sir for your help

-CK

Edited by Contract_killa32, 01 July 2009 - 03:32 PM.

#6 Contract_killa32

Contract_killa32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:05 PM

This is the case i got from my friend for free..
might make a difference.. or maybe its not even worth keeping..
You guys be the judge.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I have more pics.. and can take more if you need to see a certian part
or size or something left in it..

Edited by Contract_killa32, 01 July 2009 - 03:32 PM.

#7 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:11 PM

The biggest issue will be with the graphics card. The card itself is almost 11 inches long, you need to make sure you can fit it into that case. If you can, then you should be good to go. What is the model and manufacturer of that case?

3939.png

#8 Contract_killa32

Contract_killa32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:09 AM

I really dont know.
My friend just gutted it and swapped
the part into another bigger better case..
and just gave it to me. Ill see if i can find out
ill let you know when i do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users