Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot load hotmail

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Victim_Zero_One

Victim_Zero_One

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:20 PM

... but found nothing. Hmm, well, here's the problem. Today we got the computer back from my friend's brother and father's computer shop. It was bugging out and there were alot of viruses(virii? hehe). Well, they installed Panda/Titanium 2005 and now there are no more viruses.

WinXP

Anyways, the problem now is that when we try going directly to hotmail.com, it starts to load(the flag moves in the top corner). However, it stops loading and where it says "BleepingComputer.com -> Posting New Topic - Microsoft Internet Explorer", it would say "Continue - Microsoft Internet Explorer". This is the link directly to it(I don't know if it will work for you or not).
http://loginnet.passport.com/login.srf?id=...c=1033&_lang=EN

I did a google search and found some info about clearing the Cookies and Temp Files(already done) and about doing 'Start > Run > regsvr32 softpub.dll' and it seemed to work, so I rebooted the PC. Still can't get into Hotmail(from browser). Also, we managed to get into Hotmail from MSN by clicking on the mail link, but we were not able to actually go INTO the e-mail itself.

I'm thinking it has something to do with either Panda(less likely because this happened briefly before and it fixed itself somehow?), Javascript or the Security Settings. Oh, and the page for the 'regsvr32' thing is...
http://forums.happy-messaging.com/discus/m...es/35/2761.html

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:23 PM

MSN pages require a lot of cookie acceptance and use of active-X controls. Your security settings for your browser (or in XP) may have been changed at the shop, so you need to review them.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users