Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello my fellow PC Hobbiest !

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NicR

NicR

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:08 AM

Hi to all and Thank You for welcoming me to your web site ! Iam a 51 year old married father of two young children . I have a 14 year old girl and a 12 year old boy ! I purchased my first PC in 2000 ! Yes a late comer to PC's ,however ever since I've been a PC nut . My Wife says Iam obsessed , I even tried learning how to program in Visual C++ , found that to be to much reading and very confusing . After messing around checking out all of the programming languages I actually found my real home was working with the harware and I installed just about every piece of hardware in a computer that you can. Either in my own systems or relatives and friends ( graphic cards,sound cards, RAM, hard drives ,power supplies) you get the idea ,all the easy stuff ! When my first PC a Pentium 3 750MHz 256MB SDRAM O/S WindowMe became out dated I purchased a new Dell in 2006 a XPS400 2.8GHz Dual Core O/S WindowsXP Pro SP2 MCE 2005 ,so far its been a excellent work horse, I know alot of people hate Dell however so far my exprience has been a very good one. I've added a few new pieces of hardware however this system came with just about everything I needed. I mostly surf the internet while watching TV in a resizable box on my desktop via my ATI TV Tuner card the ATI TV Wonder Elite PCI ! I would now like to add a additionial 19" LCD display so I can have two monitors on my desktop ,my B-day is in Agust ,keeping fingers crosed ! Well my longwinded rant is over . Nice to meet everyone, and thanks for welcoming me into your community, even though I have other resources for troubleshooting PC problems this site looks like a huge asset when looking for help ! Iam very happy to come here ,I have heard of this site often and finally found it when searching a app listed in MSCONFIG !
Take Care to All, NicR

Edited by NicR, 28 June 2009 - 08:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:38 AM

Hello and welcome to BC
It's nice to have you here with us
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users