Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Autorun.inf???not sure

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mistermouse

mistermouse

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:52 AM

I had been infected with an autorun.inf virus but after running (malwarebytes) and reading the log I am not sure now. I have a printout of the mbam-log which says that I have a Memory Processes Infected:
C:\Windows\System32\regsvr.exe (Backdoor.Bot)->Unloaded process successfully. I have printed out the sheet and scanned it so that it is on the computer I am using now, in case I need to show you the page and not just the line I have typed in. Could you let me know if you think I have a problem with this virus? and if so how I can remove it. I would be very grateful for any advice. Thanks in advance, :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:05 AM

Hi mistermouse,

Sorry for the long wait. I think you need to take this one to the big guys in the HijackThis forum where they can use different scanners that are more indepth. Please follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide and then start a new thread in the HijackThis forum and be patient. (can take more than a week) While you're waiting for help, please do not install or uninstall any software.

Thanks.
Zllio

#3 mistermouse

mistermouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:57 PM

I have found this on my computer at work and have used Malwarebytes several times to find and remove it. It removes it according to the log but when I scan computer again after start-up it is still there. It is then removed again but shows up every time I scan my computer. There was a different virus on there before (possibly at the same time) which was Autorun.inf, which seems to be removed now. Any help you can give me I would appreciate as I don't know what to do now and it is annoying as I cannot put my USB in computer for fear of adding the virus to it and possibly transferring to my own at home. The computer is running Windows XP I think. Hope this helps you and thank you in advance. Please can you give your answers in easy English not techy speak as I am not completely computer literate only the things I know. I can follow instructions in command mode and have done so in the past.

Thanks again guys I printed the log from the computer that Malwarebytes saved so if you need it I will put it on here but need to know how???

:flowers: :thumbsup:

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,806 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:24 PM

Hello mistermouse,

I have merged the latest topic you made in the HiJack This forum to you previously existing topic in the Am I Infected forum as you didn't post any logs.

Please follow the instructions Zllio posted in post #2 of this topic.

If you cannot run DDS, please post back here so we can provide additional instructions.

In order to post a log, you need to highlight (select all) the text, copy it, then paste it into the posting box on the forum.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users