Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No loss of wireless connectivity, but no internet.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Demonskin

Demonskin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:45 AM

For the past few days I have been experiencing some odd issues with my wireless that I don't believe to be hardware or malware related. I can surf the net at full speed all day long no problems what so ever. Until I start a large download, by large I mean anything over say 250mb. At that point my browser (Fire Fox) will cease to load pages as will IE. My download however will continue and my MSN messenger will not disconnect nor will my Thunderbird unless I close it first. If I close MSN it will fail to reconnect indefinitely until I completely reboot my computer then all of a sudden everything is back to normal. Mind you while all this is happening my indicator is telling my I still have a very good signal and am connected which I am inclined to believe since my downloads finish.

I have run malware scans with
Avast
AdAware
Malwarebytes
Spybot-Search&Destroy
Spyware Doctor
Spyware Terminator
SUPER AntiSpyware

And not found anything relevant that's not to say I didn't have infections such as turkogen, I also found a few things when using Hijack this which I can not identify but I do not believe them to be the issue. The only thing I can think it might be is a program I recently installed called NotMyIp but its freeware not something that would have been messed with but because it involves changing my IP I thought that might be relevant but I very rarely use it. I also recently installed the Comodo firewall though I believe I did that after all this started so im cautious to put that down as a possibility.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users