Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't load Windows and continuously restarts

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jakethis

jakethis

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:05 AM

I have an HP Pavilion m9040n desktop computer. The operating system is Windows Vista Home Edition. This is a family computer, and back in March, a family member told me that the computer would freeze up every so often. This could be fixed by simply restarting the computer. When I returned home from school in May, I decided to take a look at the computer to see if I could fix the problem. I began by talking to HP Technical Support. After talking with them, they told me the only solution would be to perform a system restoration. Before doing so, I saved all of the files I wished to keep to an external hard drive. Once I performed the system restoration, though, my computer would no longer load Windows properly. And since I performed the system restoration, I cannot open Windows in Safe Mode, because Windows hasn't been configured since the 'restoration.' After arguing with HP for a while, I was told the only solution would be to use a set of recovery discs.

After using the recovery discs, the computer worked great...for about 2 hours. Then the same problem ensued. Now my comuter will not load Windows. Upon starting up, it says that Windows could not be loaded properly and suggests that newly added software/hardware might be the problem. No new software or hardware has been added to my computer. I tried running the recovery discs again, and the system proceeds up until the point of the first restart. Once it restarts, though, Windows will not load and the same error message occurs. It gives me the options of starting up Windows normally, which just causes the screen to turn black and prompts it to restart continiously, and to run the Startup Repair. When this option is chosen, it again suggests that newly added software/hardware may be the problem but fails to resolve the issue. Once the Startup Repair completes its scan, it displays these results:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairV2
Problem Signature 01: AutoFallover
Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6000.16386
Problem Signature 03: 0
Problem Signature 04: 65537
Problem Signature 05: unknown
Problem Signature 06: FailureDuringSetup
Problem Signature 07: 0
Problem Signature 08: 0
Problem Signature 09: unknown
Problem Signature 10: 1168
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

After this, it displays a message that states: "If you have recently attached a device to this computer, such as a camera or portable music player, remove it and restart your computer. If you continue to see this message , contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance."

As stated earlier, nothing new has been added to this computer. The recovery discs do not work, and Windows will not start up properly, not even in Safe Mode. If you could provide any help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users