Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Digital Camera doesnt detect

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 budi

budi

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:30 PM

Good day,

Whenever i plug the USB cord from my digicam to upload the pics to the computer, no sign of detection appears on the system tray icon at the lower right of the pc.

I cant say that IT doesnt detect at all because when i did check the List of Hardwares in the device manager, the said camera IS IN THE LIST. :thumbsup: same as when i check the SCANNERS AND CAMERAS in the Control Panel, its there..ONLY THAT only a simple icon of a camera appears and not a more iconic resemblance of the camera.

Furthermore, My Flashdrive Mass storage is always detected so i cant also say that its the USB port or something..I tried to plug the camera into other computers and all of them detected the camera except mine.

Please help..ive been on this for 2 weeks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:54 PM

delete that one in device manager and try again
do you have windows xp ?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:59 AM

Have you tried having the Camera Wizard manually detect it?

Delete the one currently reflected in Scanners & Cameras...click on Add An Imaging Device. Make sure that the camera is on (I think).

Louis

#4 budi

budi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:53 PM

delete that one in device manager and try again
do you have windows xp ?

yes i do have a windows xp. i think ive tried that already..i uninstall and reinstalled it but to no avail..

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:18 AM

Do you use a memory card in the camera? If you do, invest in something like this:

USB Memory Card Reader My daughter bought this after we had to jump through hoops to get our camera software to open when we hooked up the camera to the computer. After I used it one time, all things Kodak were uninstalled from my system. They don't cost much, look for them at electronics and office supply stores in your area. Make sure you get the correct type for your card-you don't want a micro sd card if you have an sd card.

Or THIS
This one will work with different types and sizes of cards.

Another option: if you have the space for it buy and install a card reader.
When I had my system custom made, I opted for the installed card reader which also eliminates the need for installing camera software.
I detest Kodak software, it is bloated and took over picture viewing. I had to re-set file permissions to have gifs and jpgs open up in Windows Picture viewer.

#6 budi

budi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:26 PM

Do you use a memory card in the camera? If you do, invest in something like this:

USB Memory Card Reader My daughter bought this after we had to jump through hoops to get our camera software to open when we hooked up the camera to the computer. After I used it one time, all things Kodak were uninstalled from my system. They don't cost much, look for them at electronics and office supply stores in your area. Make sure you get the correct type for your card-you don't want a micro sd card if you have an sd card.

Or THIS
This one will work with different types and sizes of cards.

Another option: if you have the space for it buy and install a card reader.
When I had my system custom made, I opted for the installed card reader which also eliminates the need for installing camera software.
I detest Kodak software, it is bloated and took over picture viewing. I had to re-set file permissions to have gifs and jpgs open up in Windows Picture viewer.

your right i am using a memory card. and im using Canon A550 camera as well. is it available on Canon cameras?

I think your suggestion is right. instead of using camera software for the entire camera to work, why not install a program to extract data from memory card. good sugestion bro.

#7 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:27 AM

yer there good
i bought one of those for $4 aus at the reject shop
works great

can you tell us what media card you have ? then we can tell you what will work and what will not

#8 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:24 AM

What you need to do is take out the memory card and look at it. It will tell you what type it is.
(SD, micro SD). All you have to do is find a USB reader that will work with that card. You can also take the card
with you to the store. The main thing is to get the correct reader.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users