Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which distro For Me?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 StickDude101

StickDude101

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:35 PM

Hello everyone. Im looking for an OS, that supports the following. (I already took the quiz)

1: Must have WPA network support.

2: Must be able to install to hard drive (from the boot menu). (dont want to have to boot into live cd to install to hard drive)

3: must be completely free.

4: Be able to run on my computer.

224mb ram
p3 500mhz
40gig hard drive
64mb AGP 4x graphics card
dlink dwl 520+ network card

5: must not be a LIVE cd!!!. I hate them.

6: id like to be able to easily install. so i dont want to have to enter konsole or anything.

7: first time using linux/ i hate it so far. cuz i cant figure out how to use it.

8: id like it to be home server based. i mean like to easily enable file sharing, and allow people to connect to my computer, simply with my user/pass and my ip/computer name.

please help me out here.

Thanks,

~StickDude101

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chameleon437

chameleon437

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:45 PM

Hi StickDude101,

You seem to be posting an awful lot of the same issue/s! VectorLinux 6.0 Standard - see my other responses. Can't answer the last point as I don't use file sharing with other Linux machines on the network.

Best regards,
chameleon437

Edited by chameleon437, 07 July 2009 - 04:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users