Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirects/Mbam wont run

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 enve48

enve48

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:25 AM

Hi Mark,

Have a similar problem to ATJ 786 (Google redirect, can't run Hijackthis, Spybot, etc.)
On top of that, I can't even goto the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware link (Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage error)

I have an Attach.txt and DDS.txt properly Zipped and also wanted to run ComboFix, but wanted to make sure I did it right.

Your suggestion please,

Thanks for your help,

Enrique

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 enve48

enve48
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:50 AM

Hi GARMANMA,

Sorry I was talking to your dog... :thumbsup: .

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:07 PM

If this doesn't work for mbam:
--------------------------------------

Some types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it. Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.

If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run.
-------------------------------------------

Try safe mode w/networking to download it

If you have access to another computer, you can download to it and use a flash drive or burn it to a CD

Edited by garmanma, 27 June 2009 - 07:08 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 enve48

enve48
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:30 AM

Dear Garmanma,

I know you split my original post to get the proper attention, nut yesterday I was finally able to download MBAM, rename it and run it.

I then did exactly was you suggested in this post.
- Ran MBAM with the default settings
- Kept all drives checked
- Removed selected malware founds
- Had to reboot due to some files not being able to be deleted, etc...

After all that, I'm still being re-directed

Any other actions?

TVM for your help

Enrique

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:43 PM

Update mbam and run a FULL scan
Please post the results
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users