Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get computer into Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lostfan17

Lostfan17

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:54 PM

Hello Everyone. I can't seem to get my computer in safe mode. I could like literally 10 minutes before, but now I can't. I press F8, and it usually leads me to the screen with the options of safe mode, with networking, etc... and then it would lead me to the screen to choose Windows XP Home edition, and I press enter and it will load to the safe mode. But now, all of a sudden, when I press F8 it leads me straight past the choosing safe mode screen, and onto the Windows XP home ediiton screen. When I press enter, I dont go into safe mode, but enter my regular screen. That is conflicting because I get the BSOD right when the regular mode starts up. Can anyone please help me with this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

Can you get into taskmanager? If so maybe try this to do a system restore.

To start system restore from the task manager click new task and enter C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Edited by bicycle bill, 28 June 2009 - 05:47 PM.

#3 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:42 PM

I would try to reset the bios to optimized defaults then try and boot into safe mode.
MCP
MSDST

#4 Lostfan17

Lostfan17
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:12 PM

Hey, thanks for the replies guys. Um, apparently it fixed by itself. I didnt do anything, it just went back after several restarts? So I guess you can close this topic now. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users