Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User profile may be corrupt?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 artinusa

artinusa

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:19 PM

Please help: I had to to a repair install on my Xp Home Sp3 system after a bad virus attack.my system is now clean but ..now when I shut down or restart my computer on start up, I get the blue triangle with exclamation mark in the tray. When I go to device manager all is well no exclamation mark on Network Adapters. Ii seem each time on closing I lose the adapter settings and have to go to device manager and update the driver to an alternative..don't seem to matter which one..the default one always worked before.

Is it possible my system can not find the user profile and issues a new temporary one each boot..and loses it when it closes..I am puzzled..please help me resolve this

Art

Edited by artinusa, 27 June 2009 - 06:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,864 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:28 PM

Does the system give you a message...that it's using a temporary profile?

If not, then it's not.

Louis

#3 artinusa

artinusa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:35 PM

In the event log it tells me error 1500 usver message cant find user profile..and make a temp...which it loes when it reboots...I can make a test user default with all privileges but what do i do then..can you help me

Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, or that your network is functioning correctly. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - Incorrect function.

Edited by artinusa, 02 July 2009 - 08:38 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,864 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:55 PM

I would assume that your profile is corrupt, the way to overcome that is to create a new permanent profile for yourself and Copy Data from a Corrupted User Profile to a New Profile in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

When a temp is created, it's only good for that boot.

Louis

#5 artinusa

artinusa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

Hi thanks for ther respnses..I may have not made my prblem clear its compicated for me.

Winows xp sp3 up to date
I had to do a repair install successful but:

When I boot up the network adapter will not work (blue triangle with yellow Exclamation..in the device driver adapters, all is well). as selected via perhaps an old unused now, profile. In the events log I get message 1500 telling me profile can not be found .. but, this reported profile is not the one I have all my files in. But another which the system seems to now default to but which I do not use this may created at some point by the system. In safe-mode I created another profile as admin and logged on and the same thing happened no NIC. In the events file for applications I get general eroor 1500 but for this sort of rougue profile. The settings for the NIC were apparently not working, but by using the device driver updating facility I could tweak choosing the same or another compatible driver.sys and after trying alternatives but often going back to the default driver I get to surf all goes well and I can surf Ok.. that is until I shut down when the cycle repeats itself. Help please it driving me mad..smile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users