Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing XP from safe mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NewQuest

NewQuest

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:21 PM

Hi all,

Not sure why this is happening but I can't remove my system, Windows XP, from the safe mode. I went into safe mode to run the clean up apps for removing trojan horse viruses (about: blank). Now that I'm done running those apps I've tried to reset my System Restore (un check "Turn Off System Restore" in the System Properties window and can't. I get an error message saying "System Restore cannot be enabled in Safe Mode. Please restart your machine in normal mode and try again."

I've tried using the F8 key to select normal startup with no luck, and I've tried using the Sytem Properties window in My Computer once at the desktop screen in Safe Mode.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

NewQuest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NewQuest

NewQuest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:34 PM

Please disregard. I found my answer in the post below on the same topic.

NewQuest

#3 Bear

Bear

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:50 PM

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

My System Specs

Comptia A+, Network + & MCP certified.