Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system security version 4.52

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hodge_podge

hodge_podge

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:34 PM

so my parents asked me to help them rid their computer of the viruses and things they've picked up since they've gotten high speed internet. at first I thought I had it but y'know I'm pretty sure they got this malware or spyware now. I'm using windows xp home and this system security 4.52 won't allow me to run the malwarebyte's anti malware and the rest of the things i've downloaded to try and smite this beast. a small bubble pops up telling me that the app cannot be executed because the file.exe is infected. I can't run cmd.exe or use my task manager or even add or remove programs and such..PLEASE HELP!! I don't wanna look like a loser to my parents...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:28 AM

Hi hodge podge,

Sometimes you can get MalwareBytes to run by changing either the name or the extension.

If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files.

* Right-click on mbam.exe, rename it to mbscan.exe
* Double-click on mbscan.exe to launch the program.
* If that does not work, try renaming the .exe to .scr or .cmd (so it would be mbscan.scr or mbscan.cmd)
* Double-click on mbscan.scr (or whatever extension you renamed it) to launch the program.

If using Windows Vista, refer to How to Change a File Extension in Windows Vista.

If you can get MalwareBytes to run, do a full system scan and have it fix what it finds. Then post the results here in your next post.

Zllio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users