Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop won't connect to the internet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sidorak95

sidorak95

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:53 PM

Hi, I have a acer aspire 3680 laptop that won't connect to the internet. It says it can't connect to the internet, and I think that's due to some missing drives. I don't have the cds, so I have to look online. The thing is, the device names are all common like "PCI Device". I was going to use a wired connection, but the laptop does not detect it. My current computer I'm typing on works. My other laptop works, but not this. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks. I have Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:08 PM

Link for your drivers at Acer website, http://us.acer.com/acer-v2/service.do?Lang...;CRC=2054404012

If I didn't know what drivers I need...I would download all of these and put them on a CD.

I would take that CD back to my system with the mysterious drivers missing...and try to update the drivers for each item in Device Manager that needs drivers...using that CD. Actually, I would move the driver files from the CD to my hard drive...before I attempted to update items in Device Manager.

The LAN driver is the wired NIC driver.

Louis

#3 sidorak95

sidorak95
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:26 AM

Thanks for your reply, I found all the drivers except for the serial bus and something about a USB mass storage, which I both don't need. As for the wireless, I was stupid and forgot that laptops had switches, I turned it on and it worked. Thanks for your help.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:51 AM

Glad you solved it, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users