Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

where to check?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 noitaerc

noitaerc

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:09 AM

I've scanned with malwarebytes, i have macafee antivirus, i've used CCleaner...only thing i found odd was CCleaner found a lot of files in a temp directory labeled tismsi (which points i guess to a trojan) but nothing else finds it.

my computer is SLOW. IE8 takes forever to load web pages, and to even start up. my email takes some time to start, it's almost like my computer is on full time "lag" even backspacing and typing here takes time.

i've got an older computer, pentium 4 3 ghz, 1gb ram, windows xp sp 3, with a cable modem, but it's never been this slow.

just wondering where to start to see if somethings in the background i don't know about.

Thanks,

mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:04 AM

hello mike

1st thing i would try is running IE8 with NO add ons.

open IE8 > tools > manage add ons > disable all of them. IF that helps you can enable 1 at a time to see witch one is slowing you down.

im not sure with xp but vista has an option in start menu to run IE without add ons. (thats why i gave the long drawn out yersion)

good luck hope this helps :thumbsup:
Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

#3 noitaerc

noitaerc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:01 AM

will do, thanks.

sorry i didn't respond before now, but for some odd reason email alerts didn't work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users