Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78AE528, 0xc0000034 ......

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Alm

Bob Alm

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:36 PM

I had a virus that wouldn't let me log into my dell computer with XP. Tried a number of things and made things worse. From an older computer with ME, I installed XP on it's HD. The hard disk worked fine. I removed the hard disk from my bad computer and connected the new HD. I get a blue screen that says to run chkdsk /F with Technical information:
STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78AE528, 0xc0000034, 0x0000000, 0x00000000)
The new HD works fine in the old computer but in the original troubled computer I keep getting above even if I try to run safe mode.

Thank you for your help.

Bob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:13 PM

Worth reading:

Changing a Motherboard or Moving Hard Drive - http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html

Intel® Application Accelerator - Moving a Hard Drive to a New Motherboard - http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/iaa/sb/cs-009290.htm

Louis

#3 Bob Alm

Bob Alm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:14 AM

Thank you. that explains the problem I was having. The reason I tried that was that with the troubled computer it wouldn't boot I couldn't get it to boot from the CD. In the set-up, boot sequence I set it only for the cd and I get "strike f1 to retry boot, F2 for setup" and work. if I turn it off and on and hit f12 I get 5 choices; 1 normal, 2 ide cd-rom device, 3 system setup, 4 ide drive diagnostics, 5 boot to utility partition. None work. the diag says hd is fine. I'd like to reformat/reload xp on hard drive and can't. The cd is the same one that I was able to reload xp to another hd on another computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users